DEWBOT VII FRC Championship
FRC Team 1640 (team Sab-BOT-age) competed for its first time in FRC's Championship, held in the Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis MO. 27 students, mentors and family members made the trip.
352 FRC teams from 5 countries were divided into 4 divisions (Archimedes, Curie, Galileo & Newton) of 88 teams each. Winning alliances from each division met on the Einstein Field for playoffs, with Galileo's alliance taking the day.
Team 1640 did well, winning 6 and losing 4 of our qualifying matches to place 27th out of the 88 teams in Archimedes division. Our drive team was able to score a solid 4 tubes during teleoperated play (except for during the losing matches) and our minibot (Mighty Mouse) was 100% reliable and always placed either 1st or 2nd in the critical end-game (when deployed). Autonomous performance, alas, remained unreliable with <50% success. We were not selected for an eliminations alliance.
The pit turned out to be a dull place to work. Other than replacing our router (due to communications problems), absolutely nothing broke. The team's robot proved reliable and robust. We were, however, able to assist our pit neighbor, team 1690 from Binyamina Israel, with tools, battery chargers and materials to enable them to service their robot. We were not selected for an alliance.
Rank: 27 of 88 (70%)
Qualifying Match Record: 6-4-0
Elimination Match Record: N/A
Qualifying Score: 12 (avg 9.9, top 18, stdev 4.0)
Ranking Score: 43.8 (avg 42.6, top 65.3, stdev 9.3)
We may not have wound up with the best record, but we cleaned up on the stats!
Average Qualification Match Score (Average Winning Margin): 24.4 (4.2)
Offensive Power Rating (Divison Rank): 37.8 (14 of 88) (avg 42.6, med 19.7, top 53.6, stdev 15.2)
Calculated Contribution to Winning Margin (Divison Rank): 12.5 (23 of 88) (avg 20.8, med -2.1, top 48.8, stdev 18.9)
Estimated Robot Contribution: Approx 19
Estimated Minibot Contribution: Approx 23
We finished the season in the 76th percentile of CCWM and the 91st of OPR. This is far and away the best we've ever done in a season. Even our Championship ratings are significantly better than Philadelphia.
(Courtesy of FIRST & Team 2834)
|Med OPR||8.1||Avgd (13.4)||12.5||Avgd (13.4)||19.7||Avgd (13.4)|
|Qual Win %||40%||24%||89%||83%||67% (1DQ)||98%|
|Avg Qual Score||10.0||6.0||21.9||20.4||24.4||36|
|Avg Win Only M*||7.0||4.2||13.9||12.9||15.1||22.1|
*Average Qualifications' Winning Margin (won matches only) - because OPR weighted calculation does not account for change in qualification win percentage.
**Match estimates (not score calculations)
Carly, Sasha, Andrew, Siri
- Match 3: 1640 disqualified with a red card after e-stopping the robot when it went wild and would not respond to controls at the start of autonomous. Alliance partners 1323 & 3256 lost 27-104 to 846, 1000 & 2016
- Match 16: 102-32 win with 1718 & 1182 against 3747, 3467 & 1518. Auton failed; hung 4
- Match 32: 80-32 victory with 597 & 131 against 1510, 191 & 2169. Auton failed; hung 4
- Match 50: painful 42-60 loss with 3596 & 2972 against 1065, 2984 & 2175. Auton worked, but punctured white tube & lost mojo; hung 2
- Match 64: Narrow 90-84 victory with 1518 & 3642 over 931, 155 & 303. Mojo back.
- Match 79: 89-78 win with 1899 & 930 over 537, 3017 & 74
- Match 89: 119-21 blowout with 360 & 862 over 771, 238 & 119.
- Match 114: 63-18 victory with 3539 & 3351 over 108, 3481 & 2949. The pinnacle of our success.
- Match 122: painful 47-78 loss with 203 & 503 against 1482, 3704 & 781. Difficult alliance communication throughout. We were blocked from deploying Mighty Mouse.
- Match 133: 72-92 loss with 701 & 3704 against 435, 2500 & 330. Oh well.
- Matt - Co-Captain & Pit Mechanical
- Carly - Co-Captain & Driver
- Sasha - Team Safety Captain & Arm Operator & Pit Mechanical
- Molly - Pit Captain/Pit Safety Captain
- Douglas - Pit Mechanical
- Andrew - Human Player & Pit Mechanical
- Ben R - Head Programmer
- Mike M - Pit Programmer
- Nicole - Scouting Lead
- Jack - Scouting
- Ian - Scouting
- Alix - Scouting
- Julie Christopher - Head Programming Mentor
- Faith McKown - Administration
- Siri Maley - Coach, Scouting & Strategy, Pit Mechanical
- Mike Rizzo - Competition Volunteer (Referee)
- Rita Wall - Logistics
- Clem McKown - Head Mentor, Strategy & Media
- Scott Featherman - Pit Electrical
- Julie Kulik
- Rich Kulik
- Ruthie Morganto
- George Christopher
- Molly's Grandparents