| Editing The Notebook
- Josh assisted Daniel, Amal, Myles, and Wade in revising the notebook. He helped by explaining the problems with the current notebook, as well as how to fix said problems by either being more specific, talking about the purpose of their actions, or future plans. This will hopefully improve future entries, as well as give the new members a better understanding of what they are accomplishing on the team.
| Tread Preparation
- Josh worked to cut the treads as well as assembled them. He first started off by cutting the new tread to approximately 1 inch, stopping to make sure that the tread was squared periodically. He cut the necessary 32 pieces with help from Matt and mentor Faith. He then moved on to assisting Braiden as he bent the plastic pieces to mount the new treads. He assisted with his mighty hammer as he banged the plastic into place. They finished the 32 pieces of plastic and plan to mount them next meeting.
| FRC Preparation
- Several of FTC 7314's members are also on FRC 1640, and will be starting their first build season in January. To prepare and get a feel for working with a bigger robot and understand the competitions more, Akhila decided to try out being on drive team (operator) for Ramp Riot, an off season competition.
- The FRC driver, Eric Weissman, also came, and they practiced for the upcoming competition. It was a weird experience for Akhila. She had been on drive team for FTC and was used to looking down at the field, as opposed to straight ahead, or up. FRC operator controls are also more involved than FTC operator controls. At first, it was a little difficult to keep up, both because of the fact that it was a lot of get the hang of, and also because Eric is a very fast driver.
- Eric also talked some of the newer members through how being on drive team (for both FTC and FRC) worked. It was really good to have a seasoned FRC driver explain this. This sparked a lot of interest in drive team among the newer members, especially Daniel and Matt. They are really interested in trying out for drive team.