| Driver's Practice
- With our last qualification tournament in close proximity, the team realized that we needed lots of drivers practice. FRC build season has taken away lots of time, so it was imperative that we get at least a few nights of driver's practice in.
- Driver's practice went really well at first! Everything was working fine, which is kind of weird for the week leading up to competition.
- We got lots of time to develop our strategy and really nail it down.
- Mechanical failures were minimal, and we got a feel for which batteries are working well, and ones that we should avoid.
- We also added a new battery management system. Green smiley face sticker for a good one, and red for one that's not so great.
- However, despite the smooth start, the robot started failing in its climb.
- Because this was at the end of the meeting, we decided to take a break and attack it at tomorrow's meeting.
- To work on communication and to relax, drive team played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes which creates a high tension situation for two people to be in. Because it creates stress, but is still a game, it was really good for our drive team.
- Another aspect we decided we can improve on is scouting!
- Last competition, our scouting was better than it has ever been, but still pretty disorganized.
- To help this, mentor Dan helped us to develop a scouting app for Android devices!
- It's been in the works for a while now, and is finally ready for testing and use.
- Unfortunately, it only works on Android devices, and most of the team carries iOS.
- After this week's competition, we want to invest in team tablets for scouting, but now we'll pool all the teams Android devices and use those.
- We are so so so excited to finally start using it!!!
- Last time we worked on autonomous, it was pretty consistent for the red side.
- We decided to tune the blue outside and inside autonomous routines as well.
- It didn't take very long, and the auto correct works really nicely.
| Video Footage
- We continued to gather video footage for our reveal video.
- Snarr also started working on an autonomous animation to embed in presentations.
- We also started to edit some of the already collected footage.