One of the key learnings from prior years is that practice makes perfect. Having the game field elements available allows the:
- Design Team to validate their design goals
- Game Play Team a place to practice their skills
- Programming Team
- a place to practice the autonomous routine
- fine tune the programming to assist the drive team
- Drive and Game teams to fix early life problems and issues
The field elements need to be completed by the end of the third week of the build season. With games like Lunacy being able to drive just the base with a completed trailer early in the season helped.