Talk:DEWBOT XI Seneca
From DEW Robotics
Q: What do we need most for MAR Champs and FRC Champs?
A: We need RCs from the step!
- Grab RCs without moving (driving) (then afterwards, drive like the Dickens!)
- Grab RCs with stored energy (no activation except for release)
- Must retract afterwards
- 2 RCs
- Never over 78" tall (ever, ever)
- 5.0 lb max
- Finish & test by MAR Champs
- Mighty Mouse fast (and faster!!)
We need to stack faster
- We are losing time when the tote lands on end.
- Process change proposed:
- Drop the first tote on the floor before the robot gets to the HP station (it is expected to land on end a significant fraction of the time).
- Approach HP station with the robot with the lift in the #2 position. Knock over the tote (if on end) and align.
- The build the stack as we do now.
- Auto alignment (2 or 4 sonars)
- Lift speed increase
- Gear ratio change
- Programmatic speed increase
- For the last stack, do not go to transport. Go to #2 and close arms to transport with the bottom tote on the floor.
- Fix the scoring platform potholes
- Look at competition video to determine probability of landing on the tote ends.
Important autonomous modes
- RC Pirate (Yo-Ho!) - #1 priority, but this needs mechanics first
- Push RC can over (we do this now)
- Plain vanilla
- 3-tate stack with RC avoidance - work on this first
- Need to finish auto-leveling
- Auto aligning w/ sonar