The template will automatically detect the edit protection level (semi or full) of a page, and modify the appearance or categorization in consequence.
- Use Template:Tlx for the normal template (an icon at the top)
- Use Template:Tlx for the large template
This template will not be shown on pages that are not protected. Please note that only administrators can protect pages.
- When Template:Tlx is added directly into the protected template, it should be placed inside Template:Tag tags (otherwise, every page which uses the template will see the protection notice, which will result in an error message).
- When Template:Tlx is added to a documentation subpage, it should be placed inside Template:Tag tags (otherwise, the doc page itself will also see the protection notice, which again will result in an error message).
- Sometimes, several templates use the same documentation page. If not all of those templates are protected, the protection template will have to be placed directly into the protected templates only.