Some notable 2019 achievements are:
- For the 7th consecutive year, the team hosted the D-Town Dust-off scrimmage and a Regional Qualifying Tournament. With 25 attending teams, the 2018 RQT tied 2016 for our largest FLL RQT.
- For the 9th consecutive year, Sab-BOT-age built two robots: Prime & Deux.
- For the 4th consecutive year, the team is co-hosting the FIRST Mid-Atlantic Westtown Event
Such an awesome game. Thanks GDC! But we lost so much talent with the twenty (20) 2018 graduates, more than half the team. Does the team still have the right stuff? Are we worthy? Is institutional knowledge stronger than high turnover? Will the next generation step up and make its mark?
I guess we'll see. Stay tuned.
- HAB Climb Lift
- HAB Docking, earning at least 15 HAB Climb Bonus Points, earns an alliance a ranking point. A Level 3 climb allows one alliance partner to earn 12 points by itself, so a 3 point Level 1 climb by another partner is all that's needed to achieve HAB Docking. Our HAB Climb Lift is designed to reliably enable a Level 2 or 3 climb.
- Kick-off - 5-January-2019
- For the first time, we will not go to kickoff as a team. Reason is: 1) no field pieces; and 2) no seminars. We will hold our own kickoff at Exton Mall.
- FMA District Westtown Event - 8-10 March-2019
- FMA District Seneca Event - 22-24 March-2019
- FMA District Bensalem Event - 29-31 March-2019
- FIRST Mid-Atlantic District Championship - 3 (load-in only)-6 April-2019
- D-Town Dustoff - 10-November-2018
- Downingtown FLL RQT - 1-December-2018
- Westtown FLL RQT - 8-December-2018
- FIRST LEGO League Coach Training - 25-August-2018
- Presentation to the Manufacturing Alliance of Chester & Delaware Counties - 4-December-2018
- Clem McKown made an invited presentation of Downingtown Area Robotics and Team 1640 to the board of the Manufacturing Alliance.
Team Sab-BOT-age is what it is only due to the efforts of the people involved. DEWBOT XV's success will be in the hands of the students, mentors and parents engaged. The team's very existence is possible only through the gracious generosity of our sponsors.
See our other robots in the Robot Archives.