2020 has a new model build season with no stop-build date, no bagging and tagging. Basically following the FTC model. Can 1640 adjust? Can the mentors adapt? With no clock to tell us to stop building, will be simply work on the robot until we die? Do we still build two robots? Stay tuned!
- Ball Shooter & Indexer
- An early Shooter Arm design concept was explored at an early point. This comprised an arm containing a straight, 5-ball magazine with a 2-wheel shooter at the end. The arm also was to include the switch-climbing and spinner mechanisms. The Shooter arm could be lowered to allow easy trench passage. This approach was abandoned as it was understood that its shooting could be blocked relatively easily.
- The Shooter Arm concept was replaced with a low, fixed, 2-level ball magazine (the Indexer) feeding a shooter at the rear of the robot firing forwards. The indexer maintains gaps between balls to avoid jams.
- Kick-off - 4-January-2020
- FMA District Hatboro-Horsham Event - 28-February - 1-March-2020
- FMA District Springside-Chestnut Hill Event - 13-15 March-2020
- FMA District Bensalem Event - 27-29 March-2020
- FIRST Mid-Atlantic District Championship - 1 (load-in only)-4 April-2020
- FRC Championship - 29-April - 2-May-2020
- D-Town Dustoff - 23-November-2019
- Sab-BOT-age hosts the 8th annual D-Town Dustoff FIRST LEGO League Scrimmage. 24 area FLL teams participated.
- Downingtown FLL RQT - 14-December-2019
- FIRST LEGO League Coach Training - 25-August-2018
Team Sab-BOT-age is what it is only due to the efforts of the people involved. DEWBOT XVI's success will be in the hands of the students, mentors and parents engaged. The team's very existence is possible only through the gracious generosity of our sponsors.
See our other robots in the Robot Archives.