FTC 7314 Engineering Notebook 2016-02-13
Competition Season Meeting
|Meeting Date||Meeting Time||Location||Attendees|
|2/13/2016||2:00-5:00 PM||TCHS Brandywine||- Amal - Akhila -- Josh - Justin - Myles -|
- Battery Research: Robot Batteries: Research best practices for maintaining our batteries. We may have inadvertently damaged our existing batteries in recent weeks.
- Mechanical: Robot fender is rubbing main tank tread on both sides. Need to extend spacer height to lift fender. This is interfering with repeatable autonomous runs.
- Electrical: Power supply wiring is longer than needed, would like to shorten where possible.
- Drivers: Verify that our recent debris pickup modification to prevent blocks from escaping works well and does not cause any other problems.
- Video Production: Organize this effort and plan for having a video for our Harrisburg qualifier.
- Wrap-Up: Decide and communicate meeting schedule for the remainder of the week.
We are monitoring the battery performance. based on our research, we will no longer leave our batteries on the chargers over night. We reconfigured our battery tester for NIMH batteries.
Battery 4 performed well with 4 climbs to the top of the mountain.
Media ( Video)
The team had some fun recording footage for our planned video to be used at our next competition. At the same time we were able to run lots on autonomous runs.
Mechanical: Robot fender is rubbing main tank tread on both sides. Need to extend spacer height to lift fender. This is interfering with repeatable autonomous runs. Josh, Justin and Myles worked to resolve our mechanical issue.
TODO, we did not get to today's electrical rewiring work. Will push this task to next meeting.
After our mechanical issue was resolved with the fenders rubbing, the program team worked to refine autonomous mode. We relocated the starting position for "Inside Red" auto. We felt that our old starting position was too close to the center and might interfere with some alliance partners robots.
- Observation, With our recent update to the latest version of FTC software from FIRST, communications has been good, with no unexpected faults.
New batteries for the beacon, YES!!! that helps us move along with testing.
|Recorded by:||Date:||Journal Editor:||Date:|