FTC Team 7314
FTC 7314 was created to provide a robotics opportunity for 7th and 8th grade students in Chester County and especially (but not exclusively) in the Downingtown area. The team is a feeder for FRC Team 1640.
All students successfully participating in FTC will be eligible (but not required) to step up to the FRC program upon entering High School.
- Monday - Thursday evenings 6:30-8:30pm; and
- Saturdays 9:30am-2:30 pm
- Team is split into two schedules and no student attends every session listed above, but is encouraged to attend 2-3 times per week during build season.
Any deviations from this schedule will be clearly communicated via TeamSnap.
Chronological by reverse season. Official awards are bold, off-season awards are standard, and team peer awards and italicized.
2015-2016 - ResQ
- Hopper Division Finalist - East Super-Regional Championship Tournament
- Champion - Pennsylvania Championship Tournament
- Champion - South Central Pennsylvania Qualifying Tournament
- Rockwell Collins Innovate Award - South Central Pennsylvania Qualifying Tournament
- PTC Design Award - Southeastern Pennsylvania Qualifying Tournament
- Finalist - Eastern Pennsylvania Qualifying Tournament
2014-2015 - Cascade Effect
- Rockwell Collins Innovate Award - Eastern Pennsylvania FTC Qualifying Tournament
2013-2014 - Block Party
- Finalist - PA Rookies Qualifying Tournament
Tools & Resources
Common FTC Mechanisms & Manipulators - created by "FRC 294 Beach Cities Robotics"
Manipulator Design - created by "AndyMark
Designing for FTC with Tetrix Hints and Tips (2012) - created by "FTC 0001 Team Unlimited
Drivetrain mathematical model - adapted to FTC - Clem McKown
FTC Motor & Servo Specifications - Clem McKown
Tetrix for FTC (with Webinars for LabVIEW FTC programming)
FTC Resources from National Instruments (LabVIEW)
Tetrix files in SOLIDWORKS format - 1
Tetrix files in SOLIDWORKS format - 2
Tetrix files in SOLIDWORKS format - 3
IR Seeker Programming