Steering Committee 2009-09-25
From DEW Robotics
Revision as of 16:09, 26 September 2009 by MaiKangWei
Agenda for September Meeting Attending: Paul Sabatino, Foster Schucker, Faith McKown & Clem McKown
- Review of August Minutes - approved.
- Finance Report - Paul Sabatino provided the Finance Report. Current balances are $731 (checking) and $9,287 (savings). These balances are up to date, including the purchase of the security gate and the latest Muffin sales receipts. Last years books were closed on 31-July, with both accounts balancing within 3 cents.
- Fund Raising
- Discussion of two regionals to sign up for
- Drexel - We will register for Drexel first (on 1-Oct) and pay immediately. This will free up access for AutoDesk software.
- Finger Lakes - First choice for second event (15-Oct registration). Manchester NH, Washington DC or Trenton NJ are alternatives if Finger Lakes are already closed. Long Island is not an alternative (same time as Drexel).
- Review Parents meeting
- Review First Roboteer session
- New Space & Mill Move
- Reports from STEMRobotics
- Church Farm School
- We have a mentor in the Tuesday night workshop that is pretty excited about the program. He is going back to the school to get money for two teams. He is planning to hold a "throw-down" on 22 October( Working on permission from the school).
- Coatesville Scott Middle School
- Continues to be interest from the school, they are working with the school administration.
- Coatesville After School Program
- There are three mentors in the Mentor Workshops. They have submitted a request for grant money, they expect to hear back sometime this week.
- Reading Area High School Visit
- Faith and Foster went to Reading High School (Red Knight Robotics) for two presentations. Each session had 200+ kids and 8-10 teachers.
- Foster did a 15 minute slide show on what robots are, overview of the Downingtown program and description of the VEX Clean Sweep Competition.
- The students then got to drive the 7 demo bots.
- There were also 12 students from a middle magnet school that got to drive.
- This could end up being our largest team neighbor, with 4000 students there is a lot of potential
- Church Farm School