Steering Committee 2011-12-29
From DEW Robotics
29-December-2011 - 6:15 - 8:00 pm - Creamery Way warehouse
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Financial Report (Faith)
- Space update
- Proposal for STEM
- Security Clearances
- Who goes to STEM?
- Web update (everything working again)
- Preparation for FRC Build Season
- Mill move
- Chairman's Submission (Ken Au volunteers to lead)
- VRC Update
- FLL Update
- Gary Deaver, Rich Kulik, Julie Kulik, Scott Featherman, Foster Schucker, Bob Whalen, Mike Rizzo, Siri Maley, Clem McKown, Faith McKown, John Weissman, Andrew
Steering Meeting Minutes 12/29/11
Last Meeting’s Minutes
- Approved without comments.
Financial Report (Faith)
- The team has adequate funds for build season. A Boeing grant paid for registration and two MAR quallifying events. We've been awarded a UTC grant, which will cover Philadelphia (but have not received the funds yet).
- We are in Creamery Way for Build Season. Clem is putting together a physical proposal for a move into the STEM Acedemy. Still trying to gauge CCIU interest level.
- Working on Security Clearences; Clem to send email with further clarification. We are still working under the terms of the proposed agreement 1640 sent to STEM (not formally executed).
- If FRC 1640 goes to STEM, who goes? VEX indicated that it is not planning to go to STEM.
- Everything appears to be working now!
- We need to change the link on the navigation bar from Dewbot VII to Dewbot VIII (Schucker).
- We also need a web (wiki) training session for new mentors and students (Schucker - McKown to schedule).
Preparation for FRC Build Season
- Mill needs to move into Creamery Way. The issue is that we either need a forklift at Creamery Way or we need to move the Mill in a truch with a bed height matching the loading dock's (4 ft). We have a pallet jack at Creamery Way. Check with Christian B. if he can arrange a truck to move the mill (Faith). As an alternative, John Weissman may have a Dump Truck available.
- Everything else is basically ready for Build Season
- Two new short-block (FRC II) CRIO controllers have been purchased.
Chairman’s Submission (Ken Au volunteers to lead)
- Have a public site (YouTube, Flickr, etc.) for other teams’ pictures/videos?
- Set up a Photo Gallery in the Wiki so other teams can check out pictures of their teams.
- Media Team responsibility
- YouTube plug-in for the Wiki so videos can be added
- 7 events in 8 weeks
- Eastern PA Regional moved (from Downingtown).
- Qualifier on January 7
- All teams working out of people’s homes
- Season either ends on 7th or Delaware Regional at Bob Carpenter Center on January 28
- Possibly host a Warm-up and Qualifier next year?