Mentor (FTC Team 7314)
I joined FRC Team 1640 as a programming mentor in the summer of 2010. 2011 was my first official season with FRC (and FIRST in general).
In 2013, I became a mentor for the newly formed FTC Team 7314.
Besides volunteering as a mentor for the Downingtown Area Robotics teams, I have volunteered in the following capacities:
- General volunteer (concessions), Monty Madness 2012
- General volunteer (crowd control), MAR Bridgewater-Raritan FRC District Event 2013
- Volunteer coordinator, DAR FLL Tune-Up 2012, DAR FLL Scrimmage 2013, Downingtown Penn FLL Regional Qualifying Event 2013
- FLL judge, Church Farm School Penn FLL Regional Qualifying Tournament 2013-2014
- FLL judge, Downingtown Penn FLL Regional Qualifying Tournament 2014-2015
- Official scorer, Springside Chestnut Hill MAR FRC District Event, 2015
Education and Work
- I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science & Engineering from MIT.
- I have graduate degrees in Computer and Information Science from the University of Pennsylvania.
- My area of research was Natural Language Generation.
- I was a Visiting Assistant Professor for the School of Computer Science, Telecommunications, and Information Systems, which is now known as the College of Computing and Digital Media, at DePaul University.
- I taught courses about programming (both in C/C++ and Java), programming language concepts, system analysis and design, and e-commerce technologies.
- I have programmed Websites that use MySQL databases using PHP and Ruby on Rails.
- I have been an Adjunct Instructor (part-time) at Delaware County Community College, teaching Introduction to Computer Science, Introduction to Information Technology, Programming for the Web, and iOS App Development.