This page is to define the architecture, spelling, grammar, etc guidelines for the Downingtown Area Robotics Wiki.
(Currently this means, in essence, homogeneous usage as of June 12, 2009.)
- "VRC Team" not "VEX Team"
- Officially identify robot-related FRC happenings by "DEWBOT #" (e.g. DEWBOT V not 2009). Year numbers and seasons (e.g. 2009, 2009 Season, 2009 FRC Season, etc) are acceptable in unofficial capacities (descriptions on pages, etc), however.
- Titles for pages associated with FRC Robots: DEWBOT # Students/Mentors/Sponsors/[Event Name]/[Attribute or System]
- Titles for FRC Award Pages: [Award Name] - [Event Name] ([DEWBOT #])
Steering Committee 2009-06-26 (including date format)
- Heading levels (equal signs in wikiformatting) are at the discretion of the page authors (i.e. does not have to be first heading above second, third, etc).
Questions need three members (unless the quorum is changed) in agreement to be decided.
- DEWBot, DEWbot, Dewbot, or DEWBOT?
- Recommend DEWBOT --Siri 18:26, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- Steering Committee or steering team?
- Recommend Steering Committee --Siri 18:26, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- DEWBOT IV Build or DEWBOT IV Build Season (page titles)?
- Recommend Build Season --Siri 18:26, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- Drive Train, Drive-Train, or Drivetrain?
- Recommend Drive-Train --Siri 18:26, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- Beaterbar, beater bar, or beater-bar?
- Recommend beater-bar --Siri 18:26, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- Tense for past robot descriptions.
- Recommend writing everything in present tense for uniformity and ease of editing --Siri 18:26, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- Capitalization of technical devices, equipment, etc (Hopper, Trackball, Front Wheels/Front wheels, etc).
- Recommend capitalization only for unique devices (i.e. Hopper, Trackball, but front wheels) --Siri 18:26, 12 June 2009 (UTC)