Difference between revisions of "DEWBOT XVI"
(→DEWBOT XVI Build)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
But the 2020 season did.
But the 2020 season did.
Revision as of 19:21, 16 March 2020
2020 has a new model build season with no stop-build date, no bagging and tagging. Basically following the FTC model. Can 1640 adjust? Can the mentors adapt? With no clock to tell us to stop building, will be simply work on the robot until we die? Do we still build two robots? Stay tuned!
We did build two robots. Prime & Duex.
But the 2020 season did, an early casualty of COVID-19.
- Power Cell Shooter & Indexer
- An early Shooter Arm design concept was explored at an early point. This comprised an arm containing a straight, 5-Power Cell magazine with a 2-wheel shooter at the end. The arm also was to include the switch-climbing and spinner mechanisms. The Shooter arm could be lowered to allow easy trench passage. This approach was abandoned as it was understood that its shooting could be blocked relatively easily.
- The Shooter Arm concept was replaced with a low, fixed, 2-level Power Cell magazine (the Indexer) feeding a shooter at the rear of the robot firing forwards. The indexer maintains gaps between balls to avoid jams.
- Intake & Funnel
- You can't score Power Cells you don't have. This is how the robot collects Power Cells.
- Climbing on the Switch is a critical end-game objective. DEWBOT's climber deploys pneumatically and extends a pair of hooks via leadscrews. A shifting gearbox allows fast extension together with the power needed to lift the robot off the playing field. By using leadscrews, backdriving after game's end is avoided.
- New CVT Swerve design
- Our 2020 Swerve modules are redesigned from the ground up. Key benefits are reduced mass, low profiles and improved reliability of the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) drive.
- Kick-off - 4-January-2020
- FMA District Hatboro-Horsham Event - 28-February - 1-March-2020
- All of our 2020 season events after Hatboro-Horsham were postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19.
- D-Town Dustoff - 23-November-2019
- Sab-BOT-age hosts the 8th annual D-Town Dustoff FIRST LEGO League Scrimmage. 24 area FLL teams participated.
- Downingtown FLL RQT - 14-December-2019
- FIRST LEGO League Coach Training - 25-August-2018
- Hosting Other Teams
- Our home in the Exton Square Mall allows us to set up a full practice field. We welcome other teams to visit, such as FRC 7414 Perkiomen Valley Retrobotics and FRC 4342 Demon Robotics.
Team Sab-BOT-age is what it is only due to the efforts of the people involved. DEWBOT XVI's success will be in the hands of the students, mentors and parents engaged. The team's very existence is possible only through the gracious generosity of our sponsors.
See our other robots in the Robot Archives.