DEWBOT VI Creativity Award sponsored by Xerox (Philadelphia Regional)
Philadelphia Regional Competition - 26-March-2010
Today, Team 1640 Sab-BOT-age received the Xerox Creativity Award for its 4-wheel independent pivot drive-train. The awarding judges remarked:
- The Creativity Award sponsored by Xerox celebrates creative design, use of a component, or a creative or unique strategy of play. Whether you want to call it "thinking outside the box" or "pushing the envelope", this winning team demonstrates that it has creatively gone beyond the norm in tackling this year's game challenge.
- Creativity was illustrated through the coupling of an innovative drive system with a multimode control system.
- Mechanical design was initiated the previous summer using modeling and prototyping.
- This led to a robust three mode turning mechanism and it is hard to Sabotage the unique and creative aspects of their design.
- Congratulations team number 1640 Sab-BOT-age.
The Xerox Creativity Award besides the award-winning Pivot