FTC 7314 - 2015-2016
At the start of this season, we set what seemed to be an aggressive goal for a team which had never gotten beyond qualifying tournaments: get to the PA Championship. Well, frankly, we blew the doors off this goal. We won the PA Championship and did well enough at the Eastern Super-Regional to qualify for FTC World Championships. St. Louis, here we come!
- FTC Kickoff - 12-September-2015
- The deepest, darkest secrets of the 2015-2016 FIRST Tech Challenge game were revealed to all true believers (and anyone else present as well).
- Hosted by the CCIU TCHS!
- Eastern Pennsylvania Qualifying Tournament - 5-December-2015
- Held at Wissahickon Middle School, Ambler PA.
- Our robot was not really complete so we were just barely ready for this tournament. Drivers have very little practice and software was rudimentary. Still, we did well. We managed a (4-1-0) qualifier match record which put landed us as 6th seed out of 36 teams. More to the point, 1st seed team 4433 (Smokin' Motors) pickup us as their first choice alliance partner. We finished as finalists.
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Qualifying Tournament - 9-January-2016
- Hosted by Oxford Area High School.
- FTC Team 7314 (Sab-BOT-age) was 10th seed and 3rd alliance captain 8528's (Rhyme Know Reason) first pick; 7423 (Flaming Phoenix) completed the alliance. A great alliance but we were eliminated in the 3rd match of semifinals. FTC 7314 did take home the PTC Design Award.
- South Central Pennsylvania Qualifying Tournament - 20-February-2016
- Hosted by Harrisburg Area High School.
- The team was undefeated in qualification matches, finishing as 3rd seed out of a field of 34.
- 2nd alliance captain 8221 (Cubix3) invited us to join their alliance, and we accepted. 8645 (Robotic Doges) completed the alliance. Together, we won the tournament. Both ourselves and 8645 qualified for the Pennsylvania Championship as result of this victory (8221 had previously qualified).
- We set the PA State ResQ scoring record at 493 points. We were also the first team in Pennsylvania to score with the beacons.
- FTC 7314 also received the Rockwell Collins Innovate Award.
- Pennsylvania Championship Tournament - 27-February-2016
- Dallastown Intermediate School, York PA.
- We finished qualifications as 2nd seed and accepted 1st alliance captain 8645's (Robotic Doges) gracious invitation to join their alliance. together with 2nd pick 8509 (STEEL Serpents), we won the PA Championship!
- With this win, we, and our alliance partners qualify for the East Super-Regional.
- East Super-Regional Championship Tournament - 18-20 March-2016
- University of Scranton, Scranton PA.
- We finished qualifications as Hopper Division 2nd seed with an (8-1-0) record. Recruiting teams 6055 (Gearticks) and our old allies 8645 (Robotic Doges) to form the 2nd alliance, together we finished as Hopper Division Finalists. This earned 7314 a spot at the FTC World Championship!
- FTC Championship - 27-30 April-2016
- First time at Worlds! The team finished 17th in Franklin Division.
- DAR FLL Scrimmage - 14-November-2015
- Downingtown's fourth annual FIRST LEGO League Tune Up, the D-Town Dust-off, at the CCIU TCHS-Brandywine in Downingtown, PA.
- This non-qualifying event was hosted by Downingtown Area Robotics in cooperation with the TCHS to help area FLL teams gain experience and prepare for their Qualifiers in this year's game.
- Downingtown Area Robotics-TCHS-Penn FLL Qualifying Event 2015 - 5-December-2015
- Downingtown's fourth annual FIRST LEGO League Qualifying Event was held on 5 December, 2015 at the CCIU TCHS Brandywine Campus in Downingtown, PA. This competition was hosted by Downingtown Area Robotics to allow area FLL teams to compete and qualify for the Penn FLL Championship in this year's game!
- Girls Exploring Tomorrow's Technology (GETT) - 12-March-2016
- Robotics Demo at Lionville Elementary School - 14-March-2016
- Sugartown Elementary School's Lego Expo and Robotics Fair - 22-April-2016
- A joint FRC1640-FTC7314 demonstration. The Sab-BOT-age teams were again a big hit with the Sugartown students!
- King of Prussia FIRST Expo - 21-May-2016
- FIRST Robots at the Court at King of Prussia Mall! How cool is that? Our sincere thanks to FRC 708 (Hatters) for organizing this event. Both Sab-BOT-age teams participated.
- STEM Advocacy at the State Capitol - 7-June-2016
- Downingtown Area Robotics students Laura and Akhila met with Pennsylvania State Senator Andy Dinniman (in photo) and Pennsylvania State Representative Dan Truitt to advocate changes to bill HR833 to allow academic credit for participation in FIRST robotics programs.